Fiery, simple and just heavenly tasty? Let’s cook one of the most common and simple sushi variations! The spicy tuna roll.
Spicy because the Sashimi-grade tuna is covered in the hot vietnamese sriracha sauce. So, rice, sesame oil, and the spicy tuna are the main ingredients of this sushi variation.This is a fabulous start for all sushi lovers and beginners.
Let’s begin with the spicy tuna roll recipe!
Servings: 4 sushi rolls
IngredientsFor the sushi rice:
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 2 sheets nori, cut in half
For the spicy tuna:
- 4 oz sashimi-grade tuna
- 1 can drained tuna
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (hot sauce)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Gently, mix the sushi rice with the vinegar.
2. To prevent rice from sticking to your bamboo mat, wrap it with cellophane wrap. On the bamboo mat place one half of nori, with the shiny side facing down.
3. Cut tuna and green onions in small pieces and mix them together with sesame oil, some mayo and sriracha.
4. Wet your hands in a mix of water and a bit of vinegar. So the rice can’t stick on your fingers!
5. Grab a handful of rice and place it on the nori. Spread the rice evenly onto nori sheet. Sprinkle some sesame seeds over the rice.
6. Place a handful of the tuna mix at the bottom end of the nori sheet. Notice: Leave 1 inch extra space between tuna mix and the edge of the nori sheet!
7. Now, grab the nori and the bamboo mat together. Roll the bamboo mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side of the nori.
8. To make a perfect shaped roll, squeeze the roll down, while rolling it forward. Notice: Be gentle with the pressure!
9. Finally: Rub a knife on a damp paper towel and slice the roll in even portions. Serve some classic soya sauce and wasabi to your sushi.
Enjoy spicy tuna roll recipe!