What is a sushi roll, filled with love, depth and crunch?
It’ s special ingredients are crunchy, sweet potato and slices of creamy avocado.
Today we quickly talk about a vegetarian sushi roll recipe, that can be the star of your next dinner party!
IngredientsServings: 6 sushi rolls
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 3 nori sheets
- tempura sweet potato
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Instruction1. Prepare the brown sushi rice. Cook it until it is done.
2. Mix your brown sushi rice with the seasoned rice vinegar and salt. Vinegar and salt are optional, if you don’t like them.
3. Preheat the oven to 400-450 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Wash and peel the sweet potato. Chop into thin and long stripes.
5. Mix the almond milk, brown rice flour, olive oil and the hot sauce together in a bowl. Dip all sliced sweet potatoes into the mixture. Place each coated piece onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and sprinkle the breadcrumbs over it.
6. Bake for about 35-40 minutes. They should look lightly brown and very crispy!
7. Take a nori sheet to a bamboo rolling mat. Add a layer of rice to the bottom 3/4 of the nori. Place your tempura, sliced avocado and sliced cucumber in the middle of the nori.
8. Roll your nori sheet over your added mixture and start tighten the sushi mat around it as you roll. Wet the end of the sheet with a bit of water and roll the sushi to the rest of the way. The wet ends will stick together, as you press them together.
9. Repeat it with the next nori sheets until all rice and your mixture has been used.
10. Cut your sushi roll into small parts and put specials like sesame seeds over it. Or serve some classic soya sauce and wasabi to your sushi.
Do you like that vegetarian sushi recipe?