You do not like raw fish in sushi?
Then this vegan sushi recipe is your perfect starter kit for a healthy and joyful dinner.
You can almost put everything in a sushi roll, that tastes delicious.
Curious about that ?
Then I’ll show you this super easy vegan sushi recipe, made with love and passion:
For the sushi rice:
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 nori sheets
For the filling:
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 avocado
- 1 sweet potatoe
- 250 gram tofu
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green onion
- Gently, mix the sushi rice with the vinegar. sugar and salt.
- Cut the green onion, sweet potatoe, cucumber, the carrots, the avocado, and the tofu in thin strips. Heat olive oil in a pan and cook the tofu strips for about 5 to 10 minutes on medium heat until they get crispy. Add a tablespoon of soya sauce while cooking.
- Take a nori sheet to a bamboo rolling mat. Turn the nori sheet with the rice facing down. Wet your hands in a mix of water and a bit of vinegar. So the rice can’t stick on your fingers!
- Add a layer of rice to the bottom 3/4 of the nori. Place a handful of the vegan filling at the bottom end of the nori sheet. (Notice: Leave 1 inch extra space between tuna mix and the edge of the nori sheet!)
- Roll your nori sheet over your added mixture and start tighten the sushi mat around it as you roll. Wet the end of the sheet with a bit of water and roll the sushi to the rest of the way. The wet ends will stick together, as you press them together.
- Repeat it with your next nori sheets until all rice and your vegan mixture has been used.
- Cut your sushi roll into small parts and put specials like sesame seeds over it. Wasabi and pickled ginger may fit to your sushi as well!
Notice: Going vegan is a great opportunity to learn more about nutrition and cooking, and improving your personal diet.
Therefore this vegan sushi recipe can fit perfect to your personal healthy lifestyle!